Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Checker

Friday, April 2, 2010

Bird Watching

This morning I took a walk out the Moraine Ecology Trail, near the Mendenhall Glacier Visitors Center. The air was filled with the music of American Robins (swee-weep-swee-weep). It was the perfect opportunity to do some bird watching and observe all the new signs of spring.
     At one point, I sat down on the ground and leaned against a rock to rest my back and legs. Nearby I observed a Robin foraging the underbrush for bugs, seeds, and worms. I sat still as the rock I was leaning against. I could feel my heart racing. I was afraid it would scare away the bird. I tried to stay as calm as possible and remain motionless. Much to my surprise, it continued to come slowly closer and closer then it hopped up on my leg which was parallel to the ground, looked me in the eye, looked down at its feet, hopped off, and continued its search for food.

It’s definitely one of those experiences I will cherish. Happy Friday!

No comments: