Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Checker

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bunchberry

Bunchberry (Cornus Canadensis a.k.a. Dwarf Dogwood) is one of my favorite Alaskan wildflowers. I photographed these ones blooming in a section of forest that parallels the Mendenhall River. I think they add a splash of color to the forest floor and come August and September they will have vibrant reddish orange berries. I was so happy to recently find a few blooming in our yard next to some ferns I transplanted last summer.

2 comments:

Small City Scenes said...

I love bunchberry too. I have some growing in my Woodland Garden.
I like to name my gardens. MB

Sara Chapman said...

This is a lovely, lovely photo of a very graceful plant. I liked your comment that it was too hot to weed in Juneau. Here in Seattle, it's too cold!

Very nice blog. You have some real talent.